- Exceptionally wide covering power of 92 degrees.
- Provides 11 mm of shift off-axis, plus 360 degree rotation for complete perspective control.
- Sharp images from centre to edges due to improved field curvature and virtual elimination of coma and chromatic aberration.
- Nikon Integrated Coating insures flare-free photographs.
- Focuses down to 0.3m (1 ft.).
- Accepts 72mm filters.
- Expressly designed for perspective control of architecture and interiors. but can be used for any subject suitable for shooting with a 28mm wide-angle lens.
- I.ens construction: 9 elements in 8 groups
- Picture angle: 74 degrees
- Covering power: 92 degrees
- Diaphragm: Manual preset type; preset ring provided for convenience when setting the diaphragm to the shooting aperture
- Aperture scale: f/3.5 ~ f/22
- Exposure measurement: Via stop-down method; meter coupling ridge and meter coupling shoe not provided
- Distance scale: Graduated in metres and feet from 0.3m (1 ft.) to infinity.
- Lens rotation: Lens optics rotate 360 degrees for perspective control adjustment in any direction; click-stops provided at each 30 degrees of rotation; maximum permissible shift values engraved at each click-stop position
- Lens shift: Special mount enables up to 11mm off-centre shift for perspective control, shift adjustments via large knob at side of lens; shift scale provided with graduations at 1mm intervals
- Weight: 380g
- Dimensions: 78mm dia. x69mm long (overall); 64.5mm extension from lens flange
- 72mm front screw-in
- Front lens cap: Screw-in
- Lens hood: HN-9 screw-m type
- Lens case: CL-34A hard leatherette or No. 62 soft pouch
- Usable teleconverter: TC-200*
*Usable, but there is occasional vignetting.