A light, compact AF-S telephoto lens.
- High optical performance even with a teleconverter attached
- ED glass elements
- 1.45m closest focusing
- M/A Mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual operation
- 9-Blade rounded diaphragm
- Focal length: 300mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4
- Minimum aperture: f/32
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 6 groups (2 ED glass elements)
- Angle of view: 8°10′ [5°20′ with Nikon digital cameras (Nikon DX format)]
- Minimum focus distance: 1.45m / 4.8 ft
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1/3.7
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded)
- Filter attachment size: 77mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approximately 90 x 222.5 mm/3.5 x 8.8 in.
- Weight: Approximately 1,440 g/50.8 oz.
- Supplied accessories: 77mm Snap-on front lens cap, Rear lens cap LF-1, Semi-soft Case CL-M2