NEW! The Hadley One, one of the latest additions to our product line, is purpose built to take your laptop or tablet device along with a core CSC kit or DSLR body and lens combination.
Slightly larger than the Hadley Pro it features a removable, repositionable padded insert half the length of the bag to store your camera gear. In the remaining half of the bag you can place other personal items or a second insert (optional). Or of course you can take both inserts out or replace them with a different insert completely – such as our optional Full Size Insert (the full size insert also allows carrying of larger cameras such as Canon 1DX or 5D with battery grip lens down).
Another padded section stitched into the back of the main compartment provides space for a 13 inch MacBook Pro (or smaller device such as a tablet).
When we introduced a top handle to the Hadley in the Pro model, our customers loved it. We’ve bettered it continually since then and now we have arrived at a new style, introduced on the Hadley One for the first time. Leather underneath the grip adds a lot of comfort and when the adjustable sling is removed, you can use it all day as a briefcase.
On the rear, side and bottom faces we have added foam padding; not only adding increased protection for the heavier lenses and all-metal bodies that now feature in the CSC and DSLR products, but also your personal items that are carried outside the padded insert. Adding structure; the bag will look great and support everything you put in; whether you fill it or not.
The sides of the bag can fit additional external accessory pockets – the AVEA 7 and AVEA 8 (optional extras) if you do run out of space. The thick leather they attach to is the same top-grain hide we use across our product line and gives an extremely secure mount for any accessories. The shoulder sling attachment is also riveted through this part and forms a core structure of the bag.
A strap to retain the bag over the handle of a trolley suitcase when traveling was probably our most requested feature and the Hadley One has this provision. You can still access the rear zippered back pocket when it’s mounted on a trolley and the rainproof zip used there keeps the contents dry.
Like our other Hadley Bag’s (apart from the Hadley Large Pro) it features the Quick Release System (at the top of the front straps) to which we have added solid brass buckles. Why both? Simple, the QRS allows you to open and close the bag quickly and securely and the buckles allow you to fine tune the ‘fit’ of the front pockets (you don’t need to open the buckles to open the bag). For instance, if you have really packed in some bulky gear into one front pocket, you can just let out that side’s buckle to suit.
All our products are manufactured at our factory in England; the Hadley One has our 5 year guarantee and is built under our UI serial numbering system; helping us to track the products’ life cycle.
The bag is available in our hardwearing and water resistant canvas material that never needs reproofing, or our even harder wearing (and equally water resistant) FibreNyte fabric.
- Sized for laptops, tablets and camera gear.
- Internal built in 13 inch Laptop holder.
- Includes half length, full height removable padded insert section for CSC kit or mid-sized DSLR. Leaves half the bag free for non-camera gear (or an optional second insert). A full length insert that would fit larger cameras is an optional extra.
- Re-engineered top handle for increased comfort.
- Fully adjustable and removable shoulder sling.
- Luggage Trolley strap retainer.
- Twin dump pockets on the front.
- Rainproof zip closure on rear document pocket
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer waterproof FibreNyte material.
- Compatible with AVEA 7 and AVEA 8 end pockets.
- Get 10% off a Shoulder Pad when bought at same time as this bag using code ‘KITBONUS’.
- Hadley One Half insert (1/2 length, full height)
- Hadley One Divider Set (for Half Insert) (1 flap style divider to go in half size padded insert)
- ‘H1’ Shoulder Sling (48mm wide)
- Hadley Front Straps (Unstitched)
- Drawstring bag ‘Size B’
W410mm (16⅛”) x D190mm (7½”) x H275mm (11″) (excluding top handle)
W410mm (16⅛”) x D190mm (7½”) x H320mm (12½”) (including top handle)
Without padded insert: W350mm (13¾”) x D120mm (4¾”) x H250mm (9⅞”)
Inside standard half size padded insert: W150mm (6″) x D120mm (4¾”) x H230mm (9″) (INCLUDED)
Inside OPTIONAL full size padded insert: W340mm (13⅜”) x D90mm (3½”) x H230mm (9″) (NOT INCLUDED)
Please note the padded inserts are flexible – it’s one of the best things about the bag!:
- The ‘Half Size’ insert can fit items sightly bigger than the specs suggest.
- The ‘Full Size Insert’ can fit items a moderate amount bigger than the specs suggest – in particular it can bow out to a ‘D’ measurement of 120mm (4¾”) at the bottom and 160mm (6⅜”) at the top (at the centre).
The top flap of the insert is also flexible so you can put in items slightly taller if you need to.
Without padded insert: 8.75 litres (0.31 feet³)
Inside standard half size padded insert: 3.9 litres (0.14 feet³) (INCLUDED)
Inside OPTIONAL full size padded insert: 7.04 litres (0.25 feet³) (NOT INCLUDED)
1.38 kgs (3.04 lbs) (including removable sling and padded insert)
Front ‘dump’ pockets (x2):
Dimensions: W140mm (5½”) x D30mm (1¼”) to 80mm (3⅛”) x H210mm (8¼”)
Capacity: 1.4 litres (0.05 feet³)
Rear zipped pocket:
Dimensions: W330mm (13″) x D Nominal x H200mm (7⅞”)
Dimensions: 350mm (13⅞) x D Nominal x 240mm (9½)
PLEASE NOTE: Effective size of laptop slip will be less wide and less tall for thick laptops. Indeed it will need to be quite slim indeed to use the full width and height.
Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 950mm (37⅜”) and 1630mm (64⅛”) approx.
Width: 50mm (2″).
- As standard the bag comes with a padded insert about half the length (but the full height) of the bag, a camera can be stored inside this and water bottle etc outside. Alternatives include:
– An extra half size Hadley One insert can be purchased to use two inserts inside the bag.
– A full size Hadley One insert can be purchased.
– A Hadley Pro insert can be used as an alternative for those who want to store more photographic gear than one insert. This is a little smaller than the available space inside the bag.
- The bottom of the bag is deeper (front to back) than the top. So internally it is 100mm deep at the top, but 120mm deep at the bottom.
Available in a multitude of colours:
|Colour of Outside of Bag||Colour of Inside Lining|
|Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Khaki FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Sage FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Black Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Black FibreNyte / Black Leather||Olive|
|Burgundy Canvas / Chocolate Leather||Chocolate|
|Navy Canvas / Chocolate Leather||Chocolate|
|Imperial Blue Canvas / Tan Leather||Orange|
Please note: Orange linings are made of a sheer nylon material with Velcro® strips – not ‘brushed nylon’ like our normal linings. This may limit where dividers can be placed within the bag.