NEW! The ‘Hadley Pro 2020’ is an upgraded version of the classic ‘Hadley Pro‘ (which is still in production) – our best-selling camera bag ever. As such it features several notable improvements over its predecessor.
To start, the top handle on the ‘Hadley Pro’ features fibreglass reinforcement to minimise stress on the bag as you lift it. On the ‘Hadley Pro 2020’ we have kept this and added leather to underside of the handle to make carrying the bag more comfortable. We have also upgraded the shoulder sling – made from rugged shuttle woven spun polyester – to be fully removable. The sling can be used ‘on the shoulder’ or across the body for security, and its length can be adjusted to fit.
On the back of the bag we have added a much requested feature – a luggage trolley retainer strap to aid while travelling. Additionally the zipped pocket on the reverse of the bag now features an upgraded weather-proof zipper compared to the Hadley Pro – making it even better for storing passports, travel documents and maps.
As well as these upgrades, Hadley Pro 2020 retains all the qualities that made the ‘Hadley Pro’ a classic. Adaptable to each photographer’s needs, the Hadley Pro 2020 comes with a removable padded insert (with a padded lid) made from fabric-covered foam that protects the contents within on all six sides. By removing this insert, the Hadley Pro 2020 can be transformed into a casual messenger bag in seconds. The padded insert is exactly the same size as the one in the existing Hadley Pro.
Inside the padded insert, we have supplied four removable, repositionable foam dividers to keep equipment and accessories fully organised – these comprise two vertical dividers and two small hinged dividers, perfect for stacking lenses.
Safeguarding valuable equipment from the elements, the main top flap of the Hadley Pro 2020 is sculpted around the opening to prevent rain, snow or unwanted fingers getting into the bag, making it the perfect accessory for street photography. Further protection is afforded by Billingham’s purpose-built Canvas or FibreNyte fabric, which includes a core of butyl rubber that is impermeable to water. FibreNyte offers all the benefits and weather-resistance of Billingham Canvas, with the extra advantage of colour fastness and even greater durability. Extremely tough, yet light in weight, neither material ever requires reproofing, both maintaining their waterproof properties throughout the life of the bag.
The bag easily fits most DSLRs (without a battery grip) or almost any mirrorless camera (such as Fujifilm X-T4 or Sony A9) – and 2-3 small to medium sized lenses with accessories. There is the height inside to hold most Canon or Nikon 70-200mm lenses vertically if you don’t store them attached to the camera. Expandable when required, the capacity of the Hadley Pro 2020 can be increased and customised with the addition of optional Billingham AVEA 7 or AVEA 8 pockets, which fasten securely to the leather side panels to protect crucial accessories.
For ease of access, the Hadley Pro 2020 incorporates front straps with Billingham’s proprietary Quick Release System (QRS), allowing the bag to be opened and closed with one hand quickly and securely when required. At the bottom of the front straps are solid brass buckles – adjusting these allows you to alter the capacity of the front pockets (you don’t have to use them to open and close the bag). The QRS front straps are now unstitched for a cleaner look that matches the ‘Hadley Small Pro’ and ‘Hadley One’ – however stitched versions (same shape and size) can be purchased separately for a more traditional look.
Just like the iconic ‘Hadley Pro’, the bag’s strongest feature is probably that it doesn’t look like a camera bag – allowing you to travel discretely in urban and rural areas alike. Of course, like all our camera bags, it is made in England and backed by our 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Upgraded version of the ‘Hadley Pro‘ – our best-selling bag ever.
- Improved top handle with leather underside for extra comfort.
- Luggage trolley retainer strap added to the back of the bag for added convenience while travelling.
- Removable, adjustable shoulder sling.
- Weather-proof zipper on the back pocket to stow and protect important documents.
- Removable padded insert to turn the bag from a camera bag to a casual bag in seconds.
- QRS front straps – quick and secure one-handed opening and closing (no need to use the buckles).
- Constructed from a choice of 3-layer waterproof canvas or 3-layer waterproof FibreNyte material – both fabrics include a butyl rubber core that is impermeable to water.
- Real full grain leather and brass fixings.
- Adjustable front pockets.
- Fits most DSLRs (without a battery grip) or almost any mirrorless camera – and 2-3 small to medium sized lenses with accessories (will fit most 70-200mm lenses).
- Special ‘HP 2020’ label sewn into seam by ‘Billingham’ label to distinguish it more easily from the ‘Hadley Pro‘ (same size) and ‘Hadley Small Pro‘ (a little smaller) and ‘Hadley One‘ (a little bigger).
- Strong leather side patches for mounting of optional AVEA 7 & AVEA 8 end pockets.
- 5 year manufacturers guarantee.
- Made in England.
- Get 10% off a Shoulder Pad when bought at same time as this bag using code ‘KITBONUS’.
- Hadley Pro Removable Insert
- Hadley Pro Divider Set which consists of 2 x Small (flap) and 2 x Large (vertical) Dividers
- Shoulder Sling (38mm wide)
- Hadley ‘Standard’ Front Straps (Unstitched)
- Drawstring Bag ‘Size B’
(these are also available as additional or replacement items)
W430mm (17″) x D160mm (6⅜”) x H240mm (9⅜”) (excluding top handle)
W430mm (17″) x D160mm (6⅜”) x H280mm (11″) (including top handle)
Please note the extra width (W) of the bag compared to the Hadley Pro is just the leather fixings for the removable shoulder sling – the internal capacity (below) is the same.
Internal Dimensions (Main compartment):
W340mm (13⅜) x D80mm (3⅛”) x H210mm (8¼”)
Please note this insert is flexible – especially front to back. It’s one of the best things about the bag! Therefore it can fit items slightly larger than the dimensions suggest – inside it could comfortably bow out to a ‘D’ measurement of 100mm (3⅞”) at the bottom and 120mm (4¾”) at the top (at the centre), at a stretch it can go out to 160mm (6⅜”).
The top flap of the insert is also flexible so you can put in items slightly taller if you need to.
The Hadley Pro 2020 main compartment is identical in size to the Hadley Pro main compartment.
6.00 litres (0.21 feet³)
1.2 kgs (2.7 lbs)
3 in total
Front ‘dump’ pockets (x2):
Dimensions: W130 to 170mm (5⅛” to 6¾”) x D40 to 60mm (1½” to 2⅜”) x H200mm (7⅞”)
Capacity: 1 to 1.25 litres (0.03 feet³ to 0.04 feet³)
Rear zipped pocket: W320mm (12⅝”) x D Nominal x H180mm (7″)
Shoulder Sling Measurements
Length: can be adjusted between 1000mm (39⅜”) to 1700mm (67″”) approx.
Width: 38mm (1½”).
Weight: 0.16kg (0.35 lbs)
Luggage Trolley Strap Retainer
Luggage trolley strap retainer will fit handles approximately 24cm wide – however if the top of the handle is slightly bigger than this you can ‘jimmy’ it over the top handle to put the bag on.
Available in a multitude of colours:
|Colour of Outside of Bag||Colour of Inside Lining|
|Khaki Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Khaki FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Sage FibreNyte / Chocolate Leather||Olive|
|Black Canvas / Tan Leather||Olive|
|Black FibreNyte / Black Leather||Olive|
|Burgundy Canvas / Chocolate Leather||Chocolate|
|Navy Canvas / Chocolate Leather||Chocolate|