With a lightweight build, and a superior optical performance, the NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 (SE) lens is perfectly suited for shooting portraits and other still subjects, impressing users no matter the setting. The constant maximum aperture of f/2, allows photographers to create the most beautifully round-shaped bokeh and its 40mm standard focal length emphasises the primary subject.
Its compact size and lightweight nature means it doesn’t only look good, but is also perfect for those on the move. Meanwhile, its high-speed and accurate Auto Focus alongside its dust and drip resistant body allows the lens to blend into any lifestyle, enhancing the joy of shooting.
Summary of key features: NIKKOR Z 40mm f/2 (SE)
- Adoption of a heritage design that matches the Z fc, and that inherits the classic NIKKOR lenses released around the same time as the FM2.
- The bright maximum aperture of f/2 and a 9-blade iris diaphragm provide beautiful round-shaped bokeh.
- The 40 mm focal length supports a standard angle of view ideal for shooting portraits, snapshots and other subjects in a wide variety of scenes.
- The focal length becomes 60 mm when mounted on an APS-C size/DX-format camera.
- Compact and lightweight with a total length of approximately 45.5 mm and weight of approximately 170 g.
- Minimum focus distance of 0.29 m allows users to get close to their subjects.
- Adoption of an STM (stepping motor) enables high-speed and accurate AF with quiet operational sounds while maintaining a compact body size.
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance so that it can be taken anywhere with greater confidence.
- Functions such as aperture and exposure compensation can be assigned to the control ring.
- Designed with consideration for video recording with extremely quiet operation, effective focus-breathing control, and stable exposure.