The NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.2 S takes a special place in the Nikon Z line-up. Thanks to its incredible resolving power, unwavering autofocus, and exceptional aesthetic control, this professional-standard prime lens is a legend in the making. From elaborate bokeh to finely detailed point light sources, professional image makers will be able to tease new levels of depth and detail from the classic 50mm focal length—whether shooting stills or video. This lens takes full advantage of the Nikon Z mount’s remarkable light-gathering capabilities, and the f/1.2 maximum aperture enables vast control over depth of field.
Professional f/1.2 prime lens. Elaborate bokeh. Finely detailed point light sources. Incredibly sharp from edge to edge. Magnificent in low light.
Advanced optical construction. Featuring 17 lens elements in 15 groups, including two ED glass elements and three aspherical elements.
Unwavering autofocus. Autofocus is fast, smooth, and ever so quiet. Your area of focus is rendered sharply, even when shooting at close distances or with shallow depth of field.
Remarkably clean images. Nikon’s anti-reflective Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO coating combat ghosting and flare, even in backlit situations.
Cinematic video footage. The large maximum aperture allows vast control over depth of field. Focus breathing is all but eliminated.
Professional controls. The control ring is silent, and the Fn button can be customised. The OLED information panel lets you quickly and easily confirm vital shooting data.
Weather-sealed. Every movable part of the lens barrel is sealed, and there is rubber sealing around the metal lens mount.
- Focusing system: Internal focusing system
- Minimum focus distance: 0.45 m (1.48 ft) from focal plane
- Aperture range: f/1.2 to 16
- Maximum aperture: f/1.2
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Internal focusing: Yes
- Focal length: 50 mm
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.15x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Weight: Approx. 1090 g (2 lb 6.5 oz )
- Supplied accessories: LC-82B Lens Cap (front cap), LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap), HB-94 Lens Hood, CL-C2 Lens Case
- Type: Nikon Z mount
- Format: FX/35 mm
- Focusing: Auto, Manual
- Filter attachment size: 82 mm (P = 0.75 mm)
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount): Approx. 89.5 mm/3.6 in. maximum diameter x 150 mm/6 in. (distance to end of lens from camera lens mount flange)
- Angle of view: FX format: 47°, DX format: 31° 30′
- Coating: Nano Crystal Coat, ARNEO coat
- Autofocus: Yes
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 15 groups (including 2 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal and ARNEO coats)