21,399 shutter actuations. Nikon’s prestigious D200 is ideal for those looking for a camera to bridge the gap between the professional and the entry level Digital SLRs. The D200 delivers the incomparable quality of professional pictures whilst offering exceptional versatility, creative responsiveness, accuracy and full manual control. The D200 is the perfect camera for the semi-professional and freelancer who want an affordable SLR that combines the diversity, quality and reliability of Nikon’s professional high-end models.
The advanced 10.2 megapixel DX format CCD sensor produces exceptionally detailed, high resolution images with pure, vivid colours, suitable for printing in large formats.
- Adopts the industry-leading advanced imaging processing engine of the D2X.
- Newly developed 11-area AF system (same as the professional D2-series), which enables the photographer to select individual focus areas from 11-area wide and 7 wide-area AF.
- 3D Color Matrix Metering II (AE) with Nikon’s 1,005-pixel RGB exposure/Color Matrix Metering Sensor, used in the D2X.
- Near instant power-up of 0.15 seconds. A mere 50-millisecond shutter time lag, and 105-millisecond viewfinder blackout time.
- Connection possible to a GPS (Global Positioning System) unit via the optional available GPS Adapter Cord MC-35.
- The camera comes with the newly developed high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery (1,800 images on a single charge).
- The optional available MB-D200 Battery Pack adds extended shooting capability. Able to run on either six AA-size batteries or two EN-EL3e batteries, it also features additional main- and sub command dials and alternative buttons for shutter release and AF start. (Compatible AA-size batteries comprise alkaline, NiMH, lithium and nickel-manganese batteries.)
- The optional Wireless Transmitter WT-3 adds all the convenience of IEEE802.11b/g capability. (Available only in countries that approve the use of thirteen frequency channels.)
- The D200 is compatible with Nikon’s Total Imaging System, including Nikkor lenses, i-TTL Speedlights, remote control, close-up photography and powerful software for practically all creative needs.
- Durable magnesium body.
- i-TTL Flash Control and 1/250 sec. Flash Sync. speed.
- 2.5-in., 230,000-dot, low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD Monitor with brightness adjustment.
- The viewfinder has a fixed eye-level pentaprism; built-in diopter adjustment (-2.0 to +1.0m-1), an eyepoint of 19.5mm (-1.0m-1), a Viewfinder Frame Coverage of approx. 95% (vertical & horizontal) and a Viewfinder Magnification of approx. 0.94x (with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0m-1).