Boxed and complete. The Nikon F60 35mm film SLR camera was sold by Nikon between 1998 and 2001. It replaced the F50 and was aimed at the lower end of the amateur autofocus SLR market.
The F60 features autofocus, two forms of TTL light metering and various “programs” (ranging from manual operation to a highly automated point and shoot mode).
F60 body was made from polycarbonate and metal, and available in both “champagne silver” and black. It features compatibility with most older Nikkor F-mount lenses, except AFS and pre-AI lenses. However, in some cases autofocus and/or TTL metering is not supported.
Features of the F60 include the ‘T’ Time setting – where a first press of the shutter release opens the shutter, and a second closes it, and AF servo tracking in ‘Sport’ mode. The camera also supports five different flash modes, including ‘slow’ for low light scenes.
*This example is the black model.
- Easy operation with exposure mode dial
- Advanced AF system with AF-assist illuminator
- General-Purpose Program [P] for fully automatic control
- 3D Matrix Metering (with D-/G-type Nikkor lens)
- Built-in Speedlight: guide number of 15/49 (ISO 100, m/ft.); 28mm lens coverage
- Matrix Balanced Fill-Flash capability
- 4-exposure modes ([P] / [S] / [A] / [M])
- F60D features data imprinting
SpecificationsExposure controlGeneral-Purpose Program
Vari-Program System (Portrait / Landscape / Close-up / Sport / Night Scene)
Auto-Multi Program [P], Shutter-Priority Auto [S], Aperture-Priority Auto [A] and Manual [M] modesShutter speed1/2,000 to 30 seconds; electromagnetically controlled Time settingExposure metering(works with AF and AI-P type Nikkor lenses only) Matrix, Center-Weighted; EV 1 to 20 at ISO 100 with f/1.4 lensPower requirementsOne 3V CR123A (or DURACELL(R) DL123A) lithium batteryDimensions (W x H x D)148.5 x 96 x 69mm (5.8 x 3.8 x 2.7 in.)(F60 / N60),Approx. 148.5 x 96 x 70mm (5.8 x 3.8 x 2.8 in.)(F60D / N60 QUARTZ DATE)WeightApprox. 575g (20.3 oz.)(F60 / N60), Approx. 585g (20.6 oz.)(F60D / N60 QUARTZ DATE)Body finishSilver colour and black available
- Nikon F60 is sold as Nikon N60 in the U.S.