Designed exclusively for the Nikon F3 as a dedicated companion flash, the SB-12 Speedlight was Nikon’s first flash unit introduced with the Nikon F3 in 1980. It is a direct-mounting electronic flash unit providing automatic TTL control of the flash exposure. And It was also Nikon’s first flash to offer such a feature along with manual mode operation.
Second-hand Grading Description
- NEWAn item that has not been removed from the box or protective wrapping.
- UNUSEDAn item that may have been removed from the original packaging, but has never been used.
- MINT100% as new
- MINT-98%-99% as new
- EXC++95%-97% as new
- EXC+90%-94% as new
- EXCOriginal finish may have slight scratches or rubbed. No dents or deep scratches.
- VGMay be slightly scratched, scuffed or worn, but in good mechanical order with clean optics
- VG-An item that falls below our regular level of gradings. Items in VG- condition will have excessive signs of use.
Please note that the following important points when you see our grading description. When applied to lenses it means that the optics are in perfect condition. What we are describing is the cosmetic condition of the lens barrel. When it applies to cameras, motor drives, speedlights etc. the understanding is that the item is in perfect working order and the description would mean the exterior appearance. In other words we are judging cosmetic appearance.
“Grays of Westminster, where mint is also a highly prized English adjective.”