The TC-14A/B has an AF equivalent, AF-I 1.4X TC-14E (along with a 2X AF-I TC-20E AF Teleconverter) which was designed and intended to use as a matching Teleconverter for AF operation for the AF-I series Nikkor lenses with an AF Nikon SLR for quiet and fast autofocus operation. The AF-I TC-14E has a slight update where the current AF-S series AF Nikkor lenses can also be used.
- Usable lenses: all Nikkor lenses up to 300 mm focal length, with Reflex-Nikkor lenses, and virtually all Zoom Nikkor lenses of up to 100 mm focal length
- Lens construction: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Focal length: 1.4X increase in focal length of the lens in use
- Aperture coupling range: f/1.8 ~ f/32
- Effective aperture: f/2.8 ~ f/45
- Reproduction Ratio: 1.4X of the lens in use
- Diaphragm: Automatic
- Metering: Full-aperture exposure measurement with Ai type Nikkor lenses, applicable AF Nikkor lenses may also be used.
- Closest focusing distance: Same as that of the lens in use, remains unaffected
- Dimensions: 65mm d a. x 25.5mm long (overall)
- Weight: 145g