The World’s First Underwater SLR Camera Amazing underwater AF system. Capability of going down to a depth of 100m without special underwater housing.
Complete with R-UW AF Zoom-Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8 the world’s first underwater zoom. The 20-35mm is the world’s first underwater zoom. Since you can’t change lenses is underwater, it’s the ideal choice — you stay put, and simply zoom in or out. Perfect fisheye subjects. No worrying about silt. Plus you can do in-camera cropping.
- Automatic Balanced Fill-Flash.
- Construction: body made of die-cast copper silumin oxidized aluminium alloy; all joints sealed by I-ring gaskets to ensure absolute water tightness; camera able to withstand pressures of up to 10 kg/cm2 at a depth of 100m (320 ft.).
- Lens mount: Dedicated Nikonos R-UW AF Nikkor lenses.
- Viewfinder: fixed eye-level pentaprism high-eyepoint type: offset angle 9°: 0.39X magnification with 28mm lens at infinity; 92% frame coverage, dioptre –0.7; 60mm eyepoint relief.
- Focusing screen: fixed Nikon advanced B-type BritView screen with central focus brackets for autofocus operation.
- Viewfinder information: The following LCD indications appear; focus indicators, exposure mode, shutter speed, shutter speed, aperture, film speed, DX mark, ISO mark, Electronic analogue display, exposure compensation mark, over-or under exposure alert, ready-light; illuminated while meter in ON.
- Film speed range: ISO 25 to 5000 for DX-coded film; ISO 6 to 6400 for manual setting.
- Focus modes: Single-Servo or Continuous-Servo autofocus, Power Focus and Freeze Focus.
- Exposure metering: Matrix & Centre-Weighted Metering; Shutter speeds: 1 sec to 1/2000th + B setting. Flash synchronisation: 1/30 to 1/125 sec. in A mode; in M mode shutter fires at speed set and when set from 1/250 sec. or higher, shutter is automatically set to 1/125 sec.
- Power source: One 6V lithium battery pack (CR-P2).
- Specification aperture range: f/2 .8 – f/ 22 picture angle 79° ~ 51°.
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 10 groups.
- Close focusing range: infinity to 0.38m (1.2 ft.) (maximum reproduction ratio 1:10) attachment size. 148mm.
Weight (body only) 2,060g (72.7 oz.), 920g (32.4 oz.) underwater.
Weight of lens (R-UW AF Zoom-Nikkor 20-35mm f/2.8) 1,750g (61.7 oz).
Optional Accessories: MC-100 Remote Cord (3m) Carrying Case CT-N1: Accepts the Nikonos RS, three R-UW AF Nikkor lenses and the SB-104 standard set. O-rings and lubricant.